We are taking this tea-time classic to new heights.Lab Trappe blond beer and banana bread are the perfect pairing because of the blond beer having notes of bread, banana and honey. The bread is packed with honey, seeds, banana flavour, and all things delicious. One word of warning though. this banana seed bread is so good, that it’ll ruin all actual banana breads for you. Forever.
3 cups of brown bread flour
3 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp of sea salt
¼ cup brown sugar
3 medium sized, overripe bananas
440 ml weiss beer
¼ cup melted butter
50 g pumpkin seeds, toasted
50 g sunflower seeds, toasted
40 g pine nuts, toasted
Honey for drizzling
Butter for serving
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. In a dry frying pan toast your seeds and nuts until they get a little colour, then set aside to cool.
3. Mix your dry ingredients together, then add in the banana in broken chunks and mix through the dry ingredients.
4. Next pour in the weiss and mix in two thirds of the seeds and nuts.
5. Pour the batter into a greased bread loaf tin.
6. Pour the melted butter over the batter and pop it in the oven.
7.Bake for 45 minutes. When the crust starts to turn golden, you’re just about done. To test if it’s cooked, you can stick a knife into the bread and make sure it comes out clean.
8. Pop it out of the bread tin, let it cool, then drizzle with honey and top with the rest of the seeds and nuts.
Serve it with door stop-sized wedges of butter and wash it down with a MAAZ1.
Think this recipe is crazy? Why not sign up here to our newsletter, to see what else we are adding beer to.