With many people opting for a gluten free lifestyle, it can be difficult to find a delicious and suitable replacement for this all time favourite. This chickpea flour base is so simple, hassle free and has a crisp biscuit like texture. It’s bound to become a Family favourite. A good quality pizza stone really makes a difference to help produce a wonderfully crisp pizza base.Watch Diferent
Makes: 4 pizza bases | Prep: 10 min | Cook: 10 min
2 cups chickpea flour
250 ml (1 cup) water
15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, water, olive oil and salt until well mixed.
4. Spread mixture out into rounds (depending on size of the base desired)
5. Then using a spoon, spread the mixture outwards in a circular motion, the same way you wold coat a pizza base with tomato sauce. The mixture is quite thick so it needs a bit of manual spreading.
6. Spread to the desired size and keep the thickness in mind that you would like to end up with, thick or thiner crust.
7. Bake for 5–10 minutes or until crust is slightly crispy.
8. Remove from oven, turn over and peel paper away from base.
9. Your base is now ready for tomato sauce and toppings. Garnish and pop back in the oven until the cheese has melted.
Enjoy your gluten free, crispy pizza bases with any toppings you choose.Learn more